Izzard Ink Self-Publishing Pricing & Packages
Work directly with experienced publishing professionals without the cost of a ‘big publishing house’.
Get a polished book while still maintaining creative control.
Work directly with your own hand-selected team of seasoned professionals.
Get the amazing value of self publishing your book rather than going the traditional publishing route, while not losing anything in quality.
We provide a custom quote specifically for you based on your needs – and we make sure that it fits within your budget. Our industry-standard pricing ensures you benefit with top talent, true value, and a high-quality product. You build your own team, which means that where pricing is a consideration, you can select your team based on cost.
Starting at $9000 (based on 50,000 words)
Imagine how your book could turn out if you work side by side with the very best people in publishing, the same professionals that help put traditionally published bestsellers on bookstore shelves. With Izzard Ink, you pick your team and make sure they share your vision. That is what the Get Ink’d package is all about. You remain in control while we help build a team to make your publishing vision a reality. A publishing consultant acts as your main contact, providing personalized attention and managing the project, allowing you to make creative decisions while the team turns that vision into reality. The package can be customized to meet the needs of each author, but the pricing below gives you a general idea of what the package covers. Keep in mind, we need to see every manuscript before providing a firm, custom quote.
*Costs can vary based on choices we offer along the way
This Package Includes:
- Editing evaluation to determine what kind of additional editing your book needs to be its best
- (Comprehensive Edit Please plan for $2,500 to $3,500*)
- (Copy Edit Please plan for $1300 to $1600*)
- eBook and paperback cover from a designer that’s worked on multiple #1 bestsellers* (Hardback also available)
- Stock image may be included*
- Typesetting, everything that makes a final book look professional including a rigorous quality check
- eBook version based on print design
- Layout including 25 images
- Hands-on distribution – Izzard sets up your network, you take things from there. This is more like conventional self-publishing, with a third-party distributor that will take its own fee from sales. This option is available for any author.
- Ability to sell book from your website with third-party fulfilment
- Print-on demand
- eBook formatted for major retailers
- Printer-ready book files
- Bookstore return service
- Opportunity to get into 39,000 bookstores worldwide
- Full-service distribution – Izzard can act more like a traditional publisher, serving as the distributor and staying invested in your book for three years, on top of the services offered above. As with traditional publishing, Izzard looks for books that can qualify for this approach, meeting standards for writing, editing, and design.
- Use our logo, have your book added to our catalog and bookstore
- We’ll work behind the scenes for your book, finding opportunities in our publishing networks
- Easy to order books wherever they need to go for signings and speaking engagements
- Track royalties with cloud-based online system (coming soon)
- Quarterly royalty statements and year-end reporting
- Izzard takes 10 percent of MSRP for eBooks and a dollar for print and audio books
- Option to easily add additional services outside the package, like advertisement to libraries, work with media outlets, website, media coaching*
- Marketing consultation
- Facebook and Twitter banners based on cover design
- Two non-trade book reviews
- Professionally written book description and about the author
- Ability to sell eBook and print book directly from your website with third-party fulfillment. (With no retailer fee when you sell the book yourself.)
- With Library of Congress and Copyright.gov
- Issue an ISBN for each edition
Our designers have worked with numerous celebrities and have gained many #1 bestsellers. They will create an appropriate cover for your book, one that will captivate viewers at first glance.
Having another set of eyes look over your manuscript will ensure you have a polished, finished product.
Developmental editing includes a structural edit of your book and plot development, as well as classic line editing: grammatical errors, extra words etc. We help you make sure your manuscript reflects your professionality as an author.
Our designers will capture the tone and mood of your words through proper illustrations.
The interior design will reflect the message of the book while ensuring readability and legibility. This also includes typesetting and quality checks, ebooks included.
We have access to some of the best narrators in the industry, turning your story into a performance and making it accessible to all.
Having your book in front of the right audience is key, and we help get it there.
Using marketing tools like social media, websites and blogs, and book reviews are just a few of the ways we get your book out to the masses.
* NOTE: these are average prices for some of our high quality and professional services. We provide a range of pricing and will work with you to provide a custom package to meet your needs.