Rulers Law has been the default form of government for billions of people for thousands of years. The Founding Fathers identified ten major elements of Ruler’s Law that were being wielded like a bludgeon in the hands of King George and his monarchial administration:
- Bully Tactics: Authority under Ruler’s Law is nearly always put in place by force, violence, and conquest.
- Might Makes Right: All sovereign power is considered to be in the hands of the conquerors or their descendants.
- Classes: The people are not treated equally, but are divided into classes, and are looked upon as subjects of the king.
- No Private Property: The entire country is considered to be the property of the ruler who speaks of it as his “realm.”
- Powerless Citizens: The thrust of government power is from the top down, not from the people upward.
- No Rights: The people have no unalienable rights. The king giveth and the king taketh away.
- Arbitrary Law: Government is by the whims of the king not by the fixed rule of law. Rulers know that fixed law governs even the king. Therefore, a ruler must prevent and destroy written laws, constitutions, charters, or corpus juris (body of laws) that would interfere with his complete power and control.
- Legislative Control: The ruler issues edicts that are called “The Law,” and interprets the law however it best suits the ruler’s ultimate goals.
- Adding New Masters: Problems are solved by issuing more edicts or laws, setting up more bureaus, creating more regulatory agencies, swamping the people with a flood of regulations, and charging the people for these services by continually adding new taxes.
- Rejecting Freedom: Freedom is never entertained as a solution. The rulers are afraid of the people—they’re afraid the people will take away their power. The rulers do what they can to make the people weak and fully dependent on the government for everything.
Subscribe for self-publishing pro tips and free resources delivered directly to your inbox
(We don't send emails often, but when we do, we make sure it counts)
ABOUT IZZARD INK
IZZARD INK SERVICES
WHAT IZZARD INK DOES
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
Copyright © 2022 Izzard Ink, LLC. All rights reserved