Written by PR by the BookWorldwide, there are more than 2 billion active social media users.
- 74% of online adults in the U.S. use social media
- 52% use two or more social media platforms
- 71% of online adults use Facebook
- The average consumer mentions brands 90 times per week to family, friends, and coworkers. If they can’t find you, they won’t mention you.
- 56% of people check Facebook daily.
- The average American spends 37 minutes on social networking sites, per day.
- Social media allows readers and authors to connect across continents, instantly.
- Sites like Facebook, Twitter, and Goodreads allow fans to communicate with each other, as well as with authors. This builds bonds around particular books.
- 50% of all shoppers have bought something based on a recommendation made through social media.
- 64% of Twitter users and 51% of Facebook users are more likely to buy the products of the brands they follow online.
Social Media Services For AuthorsSocial media is the only medium in history that allows for instantaneous two-way interaction between large numbers of people at any given time. Traditional advertising lacks the reach and definition of social media, especially as online users gain more and more influence. Why put up a billboard promoting your book on cupcakes when only a small number of cupcake lovers drive by? Social media not only allows you to seek out and find your audience, it helps your audience find and support you. Your audience is on social, are you? Originally published by PR by the Book
Subscribe for self-publishing pro tips and free resources delivered directly to your inbox
(We don't send emails often, but when we do, we make sure it counts)
Copyright © 2022 Izzard Ink, LLC. All rights reserved