Self Book Publishing FAQ's
- A basic eBook cover design starts at $1995.
- Editing will vary by length.
- Audiobooks are priced by length.
- Distribution packages start at $495 and $1.00 per books sold.
- Cover designs and layouts typically take 30-45 days.
- Editing depends on the length of your book but average is 2-3 months.
- Distribution takes about 30 days to get the proof approved and get the book in the distribution channels.
- Audiobooks vary on the length of the book. Most are finished within 30-60 days.
- Illustrations can take 30-45 days.
Self book publishing has the end goal of others finding and reading your book. The polishing touches have just been added.
Now comes the most critical part of your books success, distribution and marketing. There are three things needed.
1. Does the cover appeal to get prospective buyers?
2. Does your book have the necessary reviews to convince a reader to purchase you book?
3. Is your book available at bookstores?
Great Covers Get Great Exposure
Get on down to your nearest Barnes & Noble, grab a drink, some chocolate, and take a few minutes to observe the readers. The first impression of a book is the cover.
If the cover is appealing, one will thumb through the interior of the book and read the back of the book. The longer a potential reader has your book in their hand the better chance you have of selling the book.
It is imperative that a cover appeals not only to perspective readers but also book retailers who give your book self space. Also, do not overlook the design of the books spine.
Retailer shelf space is limited and most books don't get displayed cover faced out. Another reason to have a compelling cover. It adds to the overall image of the bookstore. Great covers get great exposure.
Izzard Ink's cover designers have years of experience with major publishers. Our designers know what it takes to create an appealing cover and interior layout.
Self Book Publishing Reviews
Let's face it. For the most part we read what our peers suggest as well as on-line reviews. Obtaining reviews can be a daunting task. A good place to start is with your professional and personal network. Another place to obtain reviews is from researching different organizations that could benefit from your book.
A third option would be paying for a professional review. Getting at least five solid reviews is one of the most important steps in laying the foundation for a successful book.
A lot time blood sweat and tears have been put into your book but is it available for purchase? Many self book publishing authors think it is enough just to sell their book at the big retailers. Utilizing this method can result in at least a 30% reduction in sales.
In addition, take a look at how your title looks on websites. Make sure it is appealing and your reviews are showcased. Also consider making your title available in hardback, paperback, eBook and audiobook.
Bookstores Sell Your Book
Self book publishing comes up short for most self-publishers due to a lack of planning. It is important to have the entire book publishing process planned out to allow time for everything that will give your book the best shot of making the best sellers list.
Want to distribute your book to 39,000 book retailers all over the world? Contact Izzard Ink and find out how to make your book available to as many as you can. Involving our services from the being can save you from making some irreversible mistakes.
- ISBN for each edition
- Print distribution in up to 39,000 retailers all over the world for a minimum of three years.
- Ad placed in the Ingram catalog that goes out to retailers.
- eBook distribution on Amazon, iBook, Nook, and Google Play
- Access to post blogs on Izzard Ink's website
- Access to promote your videos on Izzard Ink's YouTube Channel
- Author's page on Izzard Ink website
- Audiobooks will be available on Audible, Amazon and iTunes