When many people think of writing a book, a novel is what first comes to mind. But many people with little interest in fiction, or even a broader writing career, could benefit from publishing a non-fiction book to bolster their credibility and career.Most people have an area of expertise, something they could literally “write the…
While it might be the furthest thing from the mind of many writers when they get started, book cover design can truly make or break sales. It’s your first chance to draw in the kind of readers that might take an interest in your book, and your first chance to convince them to look further.…
Book promotion is one key avenue to help your book stand out in an ever more crowded market of self-published authors. This is increasingly important as self-publishing grows to occupy a larger and larger share of the publishing market. How Traditional Book Promotion Works Traditional publishers tend to grant authors a small amount of funding…
Self-Publishing or Traditional Book Publishing Houses Early on in the publishing process, authors need to make an important and far-reaching decision. Do I put forth the effort to battle traditional book publishing houses, or do I learn how to self-publish? While understanding that the return on investments is only part of the big picture, it…
- Foreword, Preface or Introduction for Your Self-Published Book?
- On Advanced Reader Copies of Self-Published Books
- Is Self-Publishing a Good Side Gig?
- Why Choose Self-Publishing?
- Live Your Dream: Self-Publish a Poetry Book
- Self-Publishing a Photo Book
- How Does the Self-Publishing Process Work?
- Self-Publishing for Beginners